Current Events in Business Course Outline
Overview of business operations; discussion of issues and problems in business as reported in mass media; interesting issues in international business; preparation for a business career.
By the end of the course, students should be able to:
1. participate in classroom activities and exercises;
2. demonstrate an increased awareness of conversational techniques and principles;
3. recognize different business situations and interact accordingly;
4. show greater confidence to converse over a range of topics;
5. discuss, argue and negotiate using appropriate language structures and expressions.
Required Textbook: Pride, W. S. 2nd Edition (1988). Business. (Second Edition) Boston: Houghton.
Business Creation (10%)
Company Governance (10%)
Company Financing (10%)
Company Growth (10%)
Final Exam 30%